Re: Break/clutch fluid

To: tr6@kc4sw.com (Stephen L. Hanselman)
Subject: Re: Break/clutch fluid
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:09:20 -0700 (PDT)
Stephen---I have no knowledge of the "Petrosin Oil" that was recommended
to you. DOT 3 and later, DOT 4 IS the hydraulic fluid recommended for
the TR6. Some prefer DOT 5, or the synthetic formula as their
preference.  The clutch system will tolerate a wide choice in fluids,
but I'm not so sure as to trust what you put in the clutch to go into
the braking system.  You may want to ask the boiling point of this oil,
and how it might be affected by condensation.