RE: Heart (engine) transplants

To: Lino Baggio <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Subject: RE: Heart (engine) transplants
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:09:12 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I don't have any dimensions to quote, but the thing with fitting a non-TR6
engine into the TR6 that is the most important factor is the length oth
the motor. The 240 Z motor is a bit longer and I'll go out on a limb and
say that even the "baby 6" BMW motor is a couple of inches longer than the
TR6 stock lump.

That being said, I have harbored thoughts of putting a later BMW (E36) M
motor in a TR6. It would be _way kool_... on the other hand, I'm pretty
happy with my TR6 motors. Oh well.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |