Separating exhaust pipe from header

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Separating exhaust pipe from header
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:26:27 +0000
Planning to reinforce the diff brackets and replace a couple of seals in the
diff. Began work this weekend, no rush, got all winter.

Good thing. I've spent about 3 hours trying to remove the exhaust system
that I installed last spring. Got the muffler off and have been working at
the intermediate pipe to header. What a bear.

So far, I have used a hammer & screwdriver, heat gun, impact hammer, and
almost all the good words I know. The pipes moved apart about 1/2" and
stopped. I really don't want to cut a perfectly good SS system.

I'm not sure if I over-tightened the clamp (can't really feel much of a
ridge) or if it is the exhaust sealant holding me up.

Anyone got any good tricks?

Thanks,
Peter
'06 TR250