Re: Ignition key won't turn

To: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Subject: Re: Ignition key won't turn
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:20:52 -0500
Cregg-If you have an original key with the code #'s on it I would
suggest first having a local locksmith make a key from this code. The
problem could be in the key or cylinder itself being worn. If the key
enters the cylinder fully but does not turn at all I would bet the
pinning is worn. If it turns slightly, chances are it's binding
mechanically some where in the steering column lock.
When you described "wiggleing " the column & key this is a common sign
of worn key or pinning.
Dick's suggestion of WD40 would also be in order.

--
Mitch Seff
Locksmith