Re: GM Alternator Conversion Pics?

To: apackard@triad.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GM Alternator Conversion Pics?
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:49:18 -0500
I guess I should have been a little bit clearer and said that I had already
purchased the GM alternator. I went to my local NAPA store where one of the
owners is also a TR6 owner.  He looked up some prices for me on the different
available alternators.  The Bosch Fiesta alternator was a little over a $100.
Another option is a jaguar lucas alternator, but that one is also over $100.
The GM was less than half the price.  The wiring is very easy, just a couple
bullet connectors since I bought a connector to fit to the GM alternator.  Dan
Masters has provided an excellent explaination at the VTR website.  The website
doesnt show any pics of an actual installation.  I was looking primarily for a
picture of the bracket so I would know what to look for.  Guess you can just
call me a visual learner.  I hope this provides a little clarity, guess I
should have explained a little better initially.
Aaron CC63681