RE: Ball Joint

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ball Joint
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:37:31 -0600
well, it's clear you need that most essential tool for working on LBCs: a
bigger hammer (seriously -- like the lead hammers for wire wheel knockoffs.)
And you could always apply some heat to the outside of the joint before you
start hammering.

another alternative would be the ball joint separators where you tighten a
bolt, probably available from Harbor Freight. They've worked for me before,
although they scare the hell out of me, since I always wonder what is going
to break first -- the joint or the separator (wear safety glasses).

Graham