Trailing arms

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailing arms
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:43:52 EST
Hi List,
It would seem that I've been following this thread at an opportune time.  I
recently purchased some rebuilt hubs for my '71.  I was pulling the old hubs
to send back as the cores for the rebuilt hubs, only to find that one hub was
held on to the trailing arm with 5 studs, the other with 4 (Oh my).  It
appears that the threads in the trailing arms are stripped out.  As a newbie
"mechanic" with no metalurgy back ground, can someone please advise as to how
to rectify this problem.  I'm not sure how to procede with installing
inserts.  The PO said the car has been like this for 15 years or so....
lucky to be alive
Joe Davis