Re: LBC mechanics

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC mechanics
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:14:34 -0800
Here's my two cents,
 I do most of the work myself on my six but when a lift is required I use a
mechanic. I contacted a  LBC once about doing some work , installing and
exhaust system . The guy told me to drop it off during the week and he would
get to it . I asked how long he would need my car, he said maybe two weeks,
two weeks!! I said, to put in an exhaust system. I asked if I could just
make an appointment , even if it was a month away and drop the car off in
the morning and pick it up that night, he said he didn't work that way. By
looking around his shop I got the impression it was "the old horse shoe
deal". In the old days when you'd  bring your horse in for shoeing the first
thing the farrier would do is pull your horses  shoes off so you could go to
the guy down the street , then he'd throw him in the coral with the 25 other
horses waiting to be done, no thanks. I noticed that the guys that seem to
really have it together are also good business men as well. My engine guy is
like that , he never answers the phone he has his wife run interference for
him and he books his work, so when you want something done he checks  his
schedule and tells you when he can do it and that's that.