Re: A question for the readers at 6Pack

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A question for the readers at 6Pack
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:19:35 -0500
This is recent estimate from L&M Engines. They are near Philly PA, I
think, and were recommended to me by Kai Radicke.

Line boring for cam bearings is $250.00 + the bearings.

Thought I would share it with the list.

Don Malling

Item Description
                                                                Amount
  L & M ENGINES
  INC
     Bal Blue Cust Long Street/Strip

                  Degrease block, remove all plugs, cam
                  bearings

-60.00
                  Magnaflux Block to detect cracks

-45.00
                  Align Hone Main Bearing Bores

-125.00
                  Bore

-85.00
                  Hone to fit pistons, performance finish

-90.00
                  Measure Deck with piston, rod and crank installation

-80.00
                  Mill Block Deck; to a specific
                  dimension

140.00
                  Wash block for cam bearings and plugs

-35.00
                  Install Cam Bearings

-52.00
                  Install core plugs & oil plugs

-30.00
                  Degrease and clean Crankshaft

-30.00
                  Magnaflux Crankshaft for cracks

-40.00
                  Grind crankshaft on stroke & index

-155.00
                  Wash crankshaft for assembly

-30.00
                  Rods remove bolts, stress relieve, shotpeen
                  rods

-32.00
                  Magnaflux connecting rods

-35.00