Re: brake fluid

To: Ozium8221@aol.com
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: Greg Perry <rgp@ghg.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:56:04 -0600
Rob,

This is not normal!  You have a leak in your brake system somewhere.
 Since you stated that there was no visible sign, the best bet is that
the master cylinder is leaking into the into the brake booster.  But
first check that there is no wet spot on the inside of the tires (and
ground where the car tire rested during the three week stint) from brake
fluid.  Also check to see if there is wet brake fluid where the master
cylinder mounts to the brake booster on the bottom side.

If both front and rear sections of the brake master cylinder where dry,
then it probably is the master cylinder.  If the front part of the
reservoir was dry, then the leak is associated with the front brakes.
 If the rear part of the reservoir was dry then it is associated with
the rear brakes.  Also keep in mind that  the front and rear brake hoses
can leak also.

Hope this helps,

Greg Perry