Re: brake fluid

To: Ozium8221@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:03:09 -0500
Sometimes what can happen is that the fluid by passes the pistons in brake
cylinder and ends up in the servo. I had this happen to me. I washed out the
servo with very soapy water. Let it dry in the boiler room where there was
plenty of heat. After a few weeks I was sure it was really dry, I squirted
some lithium grease into the unit, trying to grease up the spring as a sort
of rust protection. I put in a new sponge filter, reassembled all. I did
replace the piston with a rebuild kit. Has not been a problem since.
Robert L. Gannon
trsix74@comcast.net
TR6   1974 CF22956U
TR3A 1960 TS70951L