Re: brake fluid

To: Gary Fluke <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: Greg Perry <rgp@ghg.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:06:28 -0600
Gary,

In your case the fluid was there in the reservoir all the time.  This
has happened to me also,  but my brake pedal was stuck in the up
position until I forced it down with my foot.  The petal stayed at the
floor until I lifted it up.  Then I pumped it a couple of times and it
worked fine.  The car sat for 7 years in my garage due to an illness
that I had.  I had rebuilt the entire brake system back in 1988 and used
silicone (DOT 5.0) brake fluid.  IMHO I believe that the brake booster/
master cylinder became stuck due to none use in my case.  I did not have
to add any silicone brake fluid the reservoir was full.

Greg Perry