Steering Rack Boots Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Rack Boots Question
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 18:49:53 -0400
Hi List,

Amongst other things on the car I am replacing the worn out steering rack
boots.  I ordered and received a set from Moss last fall.  Went to install them
and the end of the boot closest to the tie rod fits nice and snug over the rod.
 The other end however isnt close to fitting snugly around the rack.  I did
manage to install the wire tie that came with the kit, but had to place it
around the first bevel once, the around the end the second time to get it to
fit so that it was as tight as it could be.  Is it possible that I received the
wrong part?  Or, is this just the way that it installs.  If I have the right
part then is there a specific way to install the wire tie so that it works one
way better than another?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron
Maine