Re: speedo fixed, and a query

To: Acekraut11@aol.com
Subject: Re: speedo fixed, and a query
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:41:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 6 May 2003 Acekraut11@aol.com wrote:

> Peter and List,

Hi,

> Does that mean that you can go to a website such as www.tirerack.com
> and punch in say the 89 Acura Legend and whatever wheels are offered
> for the Legend will fit the TR6?, or are there other considerations?

You need to pay attention to the backspacing of whatever "other" wheels
you select. If the distance from the wheel mount flange "face" to the rim
is more than about 3.8 or 4 inches, the outer lip of the wheel will
interfere with the front suspension or the rear bump stops on the body.

Don't let that fact dissuade you, though. If you want to use an alternate
source rim with positive offset, you'll have to use spacers to get the
proper clearance. Sure, it's another thing to carry around, but it is
doable (to a point). The only limiting factor in this case is that your
stock lugs are fairly short, so I wouldn't try running much more than
about 1/2" of spacer.

On the other hand, any Triumph "breaker" should have a wheel or two that
they'll sell you.

> Cheers,
>
> Aaron

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |