Re: Steering Wheel

To: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:57:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Dennis N Culligan wrote:

> Bob wrote:
> >FWIW, I have seen several TR6 folks that drive to / from show with an
> >aftermarket steering wheel and then remove that one and replace with a
> >perfect stock steering wheel for car shows. It might seem excessive, but I
> >guess that depends on what you do with your TR6.
>
>    And I've seen many people drive to/from autocrosses with perfectly
> good tires on their TR6 and then take them off at the event and put on
> tires with almost no tread at all!   Can you imagine!  But, I guess that
> depends on what you do with your TR6.   ; - )

Oh yeah.

But the tires were 4 or 5 seasons old the last time I ran them and I only
wound up 7.75 seconds in front of the next car in class (almost FTD, I
missed that by 1.2 seconds).

I still have those tires, maybe I should pull them out of "retirement".

NOT.

>                Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH

rml
TR6's
_LOTS_ of tires!
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |