Re: TR6 1-HR "TERMINAL RIDES"

To: fdieterich@comcast.net (Fred Dieterich)
Subject: Re: TR6 1-HR "TERMINAL RIDES"
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 15:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
Fred---Rather than go thru the laundry list of possibilities, it would
be better to isolate the problem of the engine
stopping when hot.  It pretty much has to be either ignition or fuel
related. We know it will happen again, so this time do two things:

1) Pull off any spark plug wire, or the coil wire, and hold the wire to
ground, like the valve cover. Turn the ignition key to start. If spark
jumps in a rhythm, this half of the system is probably OK. If not, write
back, if necessary.

2) Take off the fuel line hose right before the carbs and crank the
engine. Be prepared for fuel to gush out. If it does, chances are good
it is not fuel related. I can't think of anything that would cause this
engine to quit (BOTH carbs give up at the same time) as you describe.

In the event of #2, go upstream till you get fuel flow.

Dick