RE: 'J'-Type questions -- Possible Problem

To: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: 'J'-Type questions -- Possible Problem
From: "Loriot, George" <George_Loriot@brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:01:53 -0400
Hi Ken,

Don't know if my experience can help, but at least the solution was easy.  I
have a J-type OD and some time ago it began to not honor the switch position.
On/off/on/off at various speeds, tracked it down to a bad steering column
switch. Sometimes it worked fine, other times it had a mind of its own. I
figured this was a special Lucas feature.... So I unplugged the relay so OD was
always off regardless of switch position, ordered a new switch, put it in and
the problem disappeared.  Try unplugging the relay and see if the OD stays off.
 BTW I use redline MT90 as well, no problems with OD on long rides (100+ miles)

Your problem is not exatly like mine but it might be worth a shot.

George