Re: still missing

To: WaltP@Anspach.com
Subject: Re: still missing
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:02:47 +0000
Walt:

Check the distributor rotor.  A few weeks ago I was frustrated by the same
symptoms with my '69 TR6.  I checked everything you have done.  It turns out
that the wrong rotor was installed.  I can't even remember where I'd ordered
it from but I replaced it with another I had on the shelf and now the car
runs just fine.  Apparently there was enough contact with the dist. cap when
the car was cold that the car would run ok.  As it warmed up everything got
sloppy and running was horrible.

There was a visible difference in the appearance of the rotors so one of the
vendors must have sent one for another TR model or even another marque.

Good luck.

Walt Fogle
Woodinville, WA
'69 TR6