TR6 vacuum cleaning (+)

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 vacuum cleaning (+)
From: "Tarnow, Joshua" <jtarnow@lehman.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:53:02 -0400
Listers, as I have been winding down the carb adjustment road I have been
checking my entire vacuum set-up for leaks. I noticed the elbow fittings
connected to the carbs and the distributor retard unit fit VERY loosely
(they are not cracked or broken in any way but the holes are a bit
enlarged). My intuition tells me they should be replaced (very cheap to do)
but prior ordering I figured I would ask the list to confirm that "loose" is
not the norm. My second question is a bit more perplexing (at least for me).
When I pull these elbows off the carbs and/or the distributor NOTHING
changes in terms of the engine idle (the idle also stays the same when I put
a finger on the port at the carb). Based on the "big blue book" my idle
should rise...no? As a reference I have been running very lean (upon lifting
the carb pistons the requisite .25 inch the car virtually dies) and am
making sure the vacuum and fuel delivery (fuel filter was a mess) systems
are in good shape prior to my resuming carb adjustment.

P.S. - The PO installed electronic ignition and when I pulled the spark
plugs I noticed the gap is .32 vs. the .25 standard. Is this correct? What
plugs do you guys like?

Thanks again!!

Josh
'76 TR6

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.