RE: Idle speed

To: "'Peter Macholdt'" <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Idle speed
From: "Tarnow, Joshua" <jtarnow@lehman.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:00:52 -0400
I have to imagine that an idle above 1000rpm generates to much friction
based on too little air flow (lack of movement at idle) and not enough crank
movement to stir the oil. I think Bob's point was that too many people try
to get a 650-750 idle (which could cause additional wear) vs. a better
balanced 850-900.