RE: Lightening late TR's

To: "Alan Salvatore" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Lightening late TR's
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 09:13:49 -0700
I have seen many late TR6's with the rubber bumpers removed. I have even seen
chrome caps placed in the bolt holes of the bumper to cover the unsightly
holes. Without the rubber bumpers the only thing that keeps them from looking
like early TR6's is the raised height of the front chrome bumper and the
relocated turn signals.
 To fully replicate the front end look of the early TR6 you would need the
chrome bumper, complete turnsignal units, bumper mounting brackets and front
valence from an earlier car. In the rear the rubber pieces are bolted to the
bumper with no additional changes that I am aware of other than different
lighting systems for the liscense plate.

 One look at my car and it's easy to see that I don't care about concours
competition as much as personalizing the car to my tastes. But I suppose
somebody needs to be concerned about it. :-)

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort COllins, CO
http://www.loseke.net/shawn