Re: Lightening late TR's

To: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: Lightening late TR's
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 11:07:52 -0600
At 08:50 AM 1/4/04, Mitchel Seff wrote:

>With all this talk of lightening later 6's I've been wondering about the
>look of the car with out the bumperets on. Has anyone removed the rubber &
>brackets but kept the chrome bumper. Removal of weight is the cheapest way
>to go faster.

My bumpers are different than your bumpers, but the front rubber guards
came off easily on my 74. There were then 2 vertical holes in the bumper
where the guards had been. These were easily filled with round head chromed
carriage bolts. I have since acquired a 73 front bumper. I haven't done
anything with the rear yet.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58