Re: Lightening late TR's

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, "6-Pack"
Subject: Re: Lightening late TR's
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:27:54 -0500
I'm glad you said that, Todd.  You can do almost anything with money.  I
remember Shane bringing up aluminum front hubs, which would be a pretty good
weight savings.  There are also several panel beaters in the UK that will
produce hand beaten aluminum body panels for any car.  Not cheap.

And if anyone is looking to lighten their car while keeping their hardtop,
all I can say is it doesn't do much good to lose weight by ordering a diet
soda with you double Whopper with cheese and fries.  Lose the hardtop if
you're serious about weight savings.

In addition:
Lightened or aluminum flywheel: 5 to 10 pounds savings

Aluminum fuel tank. About $500 last time I saw it advertised, can't recall
where.

Alloy rims over stock or wires: Savings of ?

Aluminum alloy door skins from Revington, 9 lbs savings:
http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/mainframe.asp?http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/Collection_Display.asp?a=2&mscssid=SKQP59KS7KFQ8PLDLKJRRC9XRUCN4Q99&SiteLanguage=ENG&PageType=home&CollectionId=%400000000695

Aluminum alloy water pump hsg, front and rear engine plates from Canley,
total weight savings 13 lbs:
http://www.canleyclassics.com/newproducts.asp?uid=6cylfrontplate
http://www.canleyclassics.com/newproducts.asp?uid=6cylbackplate
http://www.canleyclassics.com/newproducts.asp?uid=alloywaterpumps

For those of us with really deep pockets (anyone?) I recall someone out
there (CTM? Revington?) at one time offering a new chassis in titanium.
Price was POA (price on application).  I guess that's financing application!

Of course, there is the budget weight plan: remove passenger seat, spare
tire, jack and handle, drive with a few gallons of fuel, replace stock air
clearner unit with seperate filter housings and crash diet for the driver,
good for at least 10-20 pounds, yes?

Greg
CD6250L