RE: Questions about cam removal

To: "StuBeatty@aol.com" <StuBeatty@aol.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Questions about cam removal
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:54:58 -0500
Stu:
I had to remove the cam from my TR6 last summer ( engine in car). I followed
Bentley's instructions and it worked quite well. As to the distributor drive
gear, remember that the teeth of the gear are curved. I stuck my middle finger
in the hole and turned the gear counter-clockwise while "pulling" upwards. It
should come right out.

I should also mention (for the re assembly) that you should note the clock
position of the slits and remember that the slits are not symmetrical. When you
reinstall the distributor, you could easily install it 180 degrees opposite of
how your distributor wiring was intended to run (with the rotor pointing to
approximately 6:30 or so and the corresponding distributor cap wire going to
the #1 spark plug).

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need alternative solutions.

Bob Fabie