Questions about cam removal

To: <StuBeatty@aol.com>, <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions about cam removal
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:24:11 -0700
Stuart, late in reading my emails, but if you are having trouble removing the
drive gear, you cant just pull it straight out, it also needs to rotate as it
comes out. I use a magnetic pickup tool, one of the stronger versions
preferably, to pull it out.

John

Stuart wrote:>

I have removed the distributor but cannot get the drive gear out. Even though
I wiggle it while trying to remove it, the drive gear only moves a little and
then stops. I have tried turning the cam by moving the crank shaft while
pulling on the drive gear..same result.
What is the trick here to get this thing out?