RE: Why oil on the trunions?

To: "'Paul G. Edelstein'" <pgedelstein@capitaltriumphregister.com>,
Subject: RE: Why oil on the trunions?
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:04:37 -0500
Paul -

Not sure what grease was in your trunnions but whatever the PO had in mine
(and it had been there a looong time, of that i'm sure) was still quite
viable and the trunnions moved easily and came off effortlessly during my
rebuild this winter. I saw no sign of any type of contamination. After a
good washing I simply packed a good, light synthetic grease (Mobil1?) in
after pushing some through the grease fitting to clean out the old stuff. I
agree that the manual says to use Hypoid Gear oil, but I still believe
grease is better. Of course its only my opinion....

Gary R.

 <http://www.icer.net/TR6.html> http://www.icer.net/TR6.html

74 TR6

Woodbury, CT