Re: Cold weather starting

To: Josh Tarnow <jjtarnow@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cold weather starting
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:55:54 -0500
Josh,
Unless you plan to drive the car, it would be wise to just let it sit
until warmer weather arrives. The conventional wisdom says that all
the parts need to get nice and warm to prevent condensation, which
would include the gearbox and all that. I make sure everything is
clean and lubricated, top up all the vitals and throw the cover over
it in November. I look at it occasionally during the winter to make
sure the critters haven't taken up residence, but it doesn't get
started until the salt is off the roads.

Patience, Grasshopper.....
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)