Re: Need some help

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need some help
From: Trumpet76TR6@cs.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:47:43 EST
<I received the following email from someone, and while my first reaction is
that there was no factory built GT6 convertible, I want to make sure. I
know that some would say the TR6 and GT6 motor are similar. But a GT6 is
built on the Spit frame, isn't it?
[R. Ashford Little II]
___

Hi, My name is XYZ. I am in the process of thinking about purchasing a 1973
Triumph, which I have been told is a factory built GT 6 convertible. I would
like to know if this is a "real" GT6 convertible or an imitation. The car
has only 28000 miles and look and shows only that amount. Any help you could
give me would be greatly appreciated >
---

    I recall seeing a web page where someone took a GT6 and exchanged the
roof/trunk area with Spitfire parts and made it look original.  I don't think
there was ever one factory made.  There are also a few web pages where someone
put a GT6 or TR6 engine in a Spitfire.
  Ken,  AZ,  76 TR6