RE: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:14:54 -0800
        Don:

        I too wondered what a "hardened" roll pin was. I thought perhaps
that might have referred to a steel dowel, rather than a roll pin. The
dowel, being solid, would of course be much stronger.
        I thought roll pins were all made of spring steel, and therefore
were inclined to the hardness associated with that metallurgy, rather
than being "hardenable" in any traditional sense.
        Not being a metallurgist, this is just a SWAG. Perhaps someone
else can comment.
        BTW, I rechecked my sales brochure, and the water pump is indeed
black, as someone else pointed out. Another case of failing memory! Man,

do I hate getting old!!! I was going to say something else, but I
forgot what it was... =;-o

        Cheers,

        Vance