RE: Need some help

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Need some help
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:17:29 -0700
Interesting name, did you do that to protect the innocent?

My info matches yours that there was no Factory built GT6 convertible. The
term Spit-6 is becoming popular for these cars. The GT6 does share the frame
of the spitfire which itself is a slight evolution of the Herald chassis.
Fitting a GT6 engine, or for that matter a TR6 engine which is essentially a
stroked GT6 unit, is not that difficult a job. Using the GT6 bonnet assembly
makes it easier.

Chances are it could be a very well done conversion giving the illusion of a
factory produced car. People ask me if my tri-carb was factory all the time.
Of course I had one guy tell me that his Spitfire with a Weber DGV/Longflow
filter, Bosch super blue coil and Crane electronic igniton was 100% factory
original. He was emphatic about because that was what the previous owner had
told him.

The questioner should beware of someone trying to convince him that it is
something that it is not in order to justify a higher price.

Shawn Loseke