RE: TR250 on e-bay to watch

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: TR250 on e-bay to watch
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:10:07 +0000
Vance,

I would agree with you on that. While the "improvements" do seem nice, I would
prefer a time capsule car for that kind of money. But even the paint job is a
little out of place here. That "glass look" is not what came out of the dealer
showroom, but it does look great. IMHO

In my restoration, I tried to stay as close to the original as possible without
going overboard. I used a modern two part paint process, (3 color 3 clear
coats)but stuck with Pimento. I upgraded the hardware under the hood to
stainless steel (all powertrain and suspension are regular Moss hardware),
bought a new set of mitch X redlines and decided on a non reflective robbins
top. My car was born in July 1973, so wire wheels were not an option available
at the dealer, so I'm sticking with the steel wheels (I really do like they way
they look anyway). I decided on using rubberized bedliner as an under-coat
because it looks uniform, and goes on a little nicer than the modern version of
undercoating. And the wood Moto-Lita drilled 14" steering wheel was a must have
for me, and it was an aftermarket option at the time the car was sold. I also
added a J-Type OD, so even though my 6 does not have the O after the Comm.
number, it still will run great at highway speeds. I'm also looking for an
original BL radio to install, but I'll strip out the guts and put in a modern
good sounding radio.

The changes or upgrades that I mentioned here is what I look for in a top $20K
plus TR, the swapping of the parts can be swapped back to original, but for
that kind of cash it should be done before the pictures. It's spending the
money on the $400 original fenders, and the $1000 center console that makes it
$20K plus.

All IMHO, of course.

--
Gene Hart