Cam is broken in

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam is broken in
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:58:31 -0500
 Thanks to everyone who provided the valuable info on breaking in my cam.
After connecting the three carbs, swapping out a fuel line with a pin hole
leak, topping up with water, I began trying to get the thing running. Set the
static timing at 24 degrees BTDC as in the book and she just didn't want to
fire. Well she did twice but extremely loud back fires don't count. Sounded
like some drive by shootings in the hood. I rechecked the plug wires and a
couple were in the wrong place. Tried her again while adjusting the dist,
then.....LIFE, quickly got the idle up to 2,000. Then let it run for 20
minutes. Only had one small water leak around the t stat housing which was
fixed by tightening the two bolts and a small fuel leak at one fuel pump line.
Just tightened that too.
  She ran well enough, had a slight stumble while revving and couldn't richen
up the adjustable needles in the carbs. I'll look into that later. But for now
it sure is nice to here the sweet six's throaty exhaust again.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard