cam is broken in

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: cam is broken in
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:02:51 EDT
Richard
I did the same as you this weekend.  My TR wouldn't idle at the static timing
given in the Bentley manual so I just twistyed the dizzy until she'd run.
Mine is running very erratically as well.  I synched the carbs and set them as
rich as the adjuster would allow.  I had rebuilt the carbs before the engine
rebuild-new temp compensators, closed the bypass valves,  trim screws are
screwed all the way in.  At this point it'll only idle at 1200 rpm.  This week
I'll
fiddle with the timing.  I should have no vaccuum leaks , but I'm going to
check for those as well.
Keep us posted if you find a cure for the rough idle.
Mike C    '71 TR^