Voltage Regulator

To: Six Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage Regulator
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
All,

I installed an NOS voltage regulator on my 74 TR6.
That was maybe 5 months ago.  The voltmeter was right
where it should be...just past 13.  Recently, just
after startup it jumps all the way up to 15.  I think
the voltmeter is correct.  If I turn everything
on(lights, blower motor on high, fog lights...etc) it
will come down some.  While driving it may come down
to where you might think it should be with all that
stuff on...maybe right at or just below 13 depending
upon speed.  I'll notice when stopped & RPMs are down,
the volts will go down a bunch with that stuff
on...sometimes, but not always.  You can tell when the
power output has gone down as the fan will slow, turn
signals will do the same.  Then I turn off some of the
appliances & it will return to normal...well as normal
as can be.

Does this sound like the voltage regulator?

TIA,

Todd (on my way to the TRials soon) Bermudez
CF25768UO
CD198L

Yahoo! for Good