Metric or ASE Brake LIne Fittings?

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Metric or ASE Brake LIne Fittings?
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:05 -0500
List:
I'm replacing rear brake lines as part of my total "rear" restoration. There
are three pre-formed hard brake lines associated with the rear brakes. I
purchased standard, brake line with domestic  fittings which I was going to
bend myself. The first thing I noticed is that the current fittings are not
threaded all the way to the end and the new ones are . While shopping for the
new brake lines, I also noticed that the metric lines have a "bubble" flair,
while the domestic ones have a normal flare. Then, I read in Bentleys that some
TR6s had metric brake line fittings and some didn't and that it was easily
distinguished by the color of the end fittings (maybe when the car was new).
Any guidance from the list?

Thanks
Bob
'75 TR6