RE: Metric or ASE Brake LIne Fittings?

To: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Metric or ASE Brake LIne Fittings?
From: "Donald LeBrun" <del@re-comm.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 22:36:24 -0500
Bob,

First, the metric issue.  The front calipers on your '75 (and all CF-
prefixed cars with the M16P calipers) will have metric threads for the
bleeder and where the pipe from the flex line attaches to the caliper.  It
was just the caliper itself and none of the other fittings throughout the
car.  So, your rear brake line fittings are all imperial.

Secondly, yes, BL used the bubble type flair and not what we have seen for
so many years on American cars.  I did some quick checking in local shops to
no avail when looking to buy new lines and ended up going to TRF.  They sell
both the pipe in proper lengths for you to bend as well as pre-bent pipes
with a rather high fee.  Of course I bought the straight pipes and waited
until a sale to buy. . . .  Moss had a stainless steel pipe kit at one time,
not sure if they still carry it???

Be sure to replace the flex lines if you are going to all this work.

Enjoy,

Don