GM/Delco Alternator Conversion

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM/Delco Alternator Conversion
From: Seth Glassman <76tr6@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:33:23 -0500
Happy New Year List,

A while back, I did the GM/Delco alternator conversion but may have wired the
connector incorrectly.  Although I've had no problems with starting the car,
the IGNITION light stays on.  My first approach to finding a reason will be the
wiring of the connector that came with the alternator,  I didn't have this
issue with the original Lucas alternator.  I have also observed that my voltage
with the GM alternator is 14.8 V.

Although I had a copy of the conversion instructions when I did the conversion,
I don't any longer and want to check the wiring.  I know the instructions
reside on the VTR site, but a password is needed to access it and I'm not a
member.

Is there any other site from which I can get the conversion notes, especially
the wiring of the cxonnector?

Is there anything else I should look at that might cause the IGNITION light to
stay on all the time?

As always, thanks
Seth Glassman