RE: Paint

To: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>, <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:57:45 -0400
Great question as I am in the same boat with a (hand painted ?) gray
engine compartment that defies logic. I see two options:

1. Remove everything from the engine compartment that can be removed,
mask/cover the rest and then prep and paint

2. If the frame is looking a bit ratty or needs other work like diff
mounts etc then go through the process for a body off resto but only as
far as needed to free the tub from the frame (ie no need to strip the
tub other than the engine compartment to get it ready to paint. That way
the engine compartment and the frame will be accessible. I have often
wondered what is the minimal work needed to allow the tub to be
separated from the frame and that is the least disruptive to the tub.

Stan