Re: Paint

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint
From: Hal Morton <halmorton@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:41:02 -0700
 Stan, The Bentley manual for the TR4 and TR4A has a concise set of
instructions
for removing the body from the frame. TR250 and TR6 would be almost identical.
They
even show a lifting rig and show it being done with the doors in place. Others
have
suggested that this is a bad idea, especially if there is any weakness in the
floors or rocker panels. The danger is that the body will want to "fold up" as
it
is lifted. The alternative is to remove the doors and install bracing to
prevent
this. If you don't have access to this manual,and are seriously interested,
email
me off list and I can snail mail you some photocopies. Other listers, this
offer is
open to you as well, but please be patient and only ask if you might really do
this,and can't easily get the info some other way. (Last time I made this offer
on
the list I was somewhat overwhelmed with
requests.)

 Hal Morton