Re: Paint

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint
From: Richard & Ruth <rcottingham@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:03:57 -0300
It really would be a frustrating and counter-productive execise to try and
paint without going through the steps that Dick suggests.  Coincidently,
Dick's checklist is the route that I followed after I removed the engine for
a rebuild (right down to masking the harness).  Only difference was, I
stripped the bay down to bare metal myself then primed and painted in the
same colour (or color, in American) as the exterior of the car.  I had the
paint shop load spray cans with the same code of paint that a painter had
used to do the car a few years earlier (fortunately, I knew the exact colour
used).  Not sure how many cans it took for several coats but it was a bunch.
I had lots of paint left over in a quart can for future touchups.  If you
had access to a proper spray gun set-up, the result would be even better,
but I was very pleased with my job, nonetheless.

Rich C.
-----