Re: [6pack] bogging down under load

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] bogging down under load
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:08:40 EDT
I changed my fuel filter hoping that this would cure my high rpm power loss.
It didn't.  I pulled  plug #2, 4, 6, and they all look fine, although  #4 and
#6 look lighter than #2.  I have triple strombergs, and the linkage looks
fine, the throttles open fully and each carb looks to be functioning normally.
can't find any vaccum leaks   I color-tuned the mixture less than a year ago,
but it does look like 3-6 are running a little lean off the back 2 carbs.   I
think it's interesting that the engine runs up to 6000 rpms with gobs of power
in 1st gear, but  when I hit 3000 rpms with the pedal to the floor in 2nd or
3d, the engine "bogs down"  It will still turn up to 6000 rpms in the higher
gears, but it sounds like it is missing. I don't know any other way to describe
it. The problem is intermittent.  When the car is cold, it is much less
likely to have this problem.  It will cruise at any rpm without any problems,
but
when power is applied under load, the engine just runs out of steam.    I've
got about 50,000 miles on the crane ignition,  coil and wires. The cap and
rotor
are fresh. Where should I turn next?  It has been suggested that I swap out
the crane stuff, and put in a set of points.
Joe Davis  94 degrees in southern Va