RE: [6pack] Alloy Cooling Radiators

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, "'John VanNorman'"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Alloy Cooling Radiators
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:26:53 -0400
Robert Lang wrote: Regarding the fan - anyone on this list for more than a
little while knows
that I'm a big advocate for dumping the crank-driven fan in favor of
electric. I'm modifying my radiator for an electric fan. So, you don't
need an electric fan, but there are benefits in having one.

My TR6 never had a problem with overheating. How ever my TR3 in the summer
months sitting in traffic, the needle would climb too high for my liking. I
bought a pusher fan, Hayden eight curved blade non thermostatically
controlled. Why no thermostat, well if you see how much of the radiator is
covered by the fan, the motor and the shroud, you will understand that it
does not take long for the car to reach temp. Now my TR3 sits in traffic in
the hottest of days and the temp gauge shows about 187. Cost $65, Time to
install 40 minutes. (I work slowly)

Robert, I agree I am a fan of fans now too!

Robert L. Gannon
http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html