RE: [6pack] Alloy Cooling Radiators

To: "'John VanNorman'" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>, "'6-Pack'"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Alloy Cooling Radiators
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:28:10 -0400
John,

Aluminum radiators definitely have the "cool" factor (pun intended) in both
looks and cooling ability but they are pricey. I got two quotes last month
for drop in replacements:

Wizard Cooling - Radiator @ $500 and 16" Spal Fan @ $225 = $775

Ron Davis Radiator - radiator @ $565 and fan @ $310 = $875

In either case (recore existing or buy aluminum), replace your stock
mechanical fan with Rick Patton's Fan Eliminator kit and install a 16"
electric puller fan. I've been running with a 12" puller fan all year with
no problems. I have my fan wired so that a dash light comes on when it's
running, which is very infrequent. As long as I'm moving at 25 mph or more
the fan has yet to come on and the temp gauge hasn't moved past 1/2 way.
When it does run it's only for a short burst to lower the temp. I'm in
Connecticut so most of my driving is sub 90 degree weather but I have been
out in the mid 90's with no problem.

There's pictures on my site of the Fan Eliminator kit.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org