Re: [6pack] Alloy Cooling Radiators

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>, "'John VanNorman'"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Alloy Cooling Radiators
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:42:45 -0400
> Ron Davis Radiator - radiator @ $565 and fan @ $310 = $875

The Ron Davis items are what we use.  We went with one of their fans on the
very first TR6 radiator they made for one of my customer's cars.  I wouldn't
use their fan again.  Very bulky - so much so that it has to be mounted in
front of the radiator, wheras I prefer my fans to "pull" through the
radiator and thus be mounted on the back side of the rad.  Note though, that
the $310 that you give to Davis for the fan also includes them welding on
custom mounts to the radiator to hold their fan.  It is a nice job, I just
prefer the fan in a different location.

Other thoughts on the Davis item.  Slightly thicker core than stock, so any
shroud you use needs to be trimmed by about 1/2" to get the shroud to fit.
No problem for me, as I think the stock style radiator shrouds are pretty
much useless anyway...

Other than those two little issues, the Davis piece is the definitely the
best of the crop... looks absolutely stunning in and out of the car!

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics