Re: [6pack] Horn and Steering column

To: gkester@ucsd.edu, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Horn and Steering column
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:12:08 -0400
 Grant,

It isnt so strange.? I had a similar problem that happened each time I took a
hard right turn.? Turns out the bushings were worn in the steering column.? If
you have play in your steering(side to side or up and down) then chances are
you maybe grounding out the horn and causing it to sound.? My money is that
this is what your problem is.? Incidentally, I figure the problem was created
by the steering wheel being used to assist the previous owner(s) in getting out
of the vehicle.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)