[6pack] Cable Lube

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Cable Lube
From: forzion@maine.rr.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:21:33 -0400
Hey List!

Many of us use emergency bonnet-release mechanisms because the stock
release cable is long and, sometimes difficult to operate, not sliding
easily in its sheath. The choke cables are of similar design, though
somewhat shorter than the bonnet release cable. My question is, short
of totally removing these cables from the car to do the task, has
anyone found an effective lubricant for lubricating these types of
cables as well as a method for 'delivering' that lubricant down the
full length of the cable? I am primarily interested in getting my choke
cables to move freely (if that's even possible) I imagine may a console
plinth has been deformed by driver's trying to get their choke cable to
move... :-)

Dave Friedlander
'74-Six