[6pack] CD-175 Mixture adjustment?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] CD-175 Mixture adjustment?
From: rweber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
I've got a little dilema. I just had to rebuild the carbs due to a sticking
float/needle issue that was causing gas to flood out of the rear carb of my 71
TR6. The problem I have is the carbs incorporate fixed needles that are not
adjustable through the top of the carb with the normal adjustment tool although
all literature I can find indicate the 71s are supposed to be adjustable. The
carb type seems correct but I am puzzled why there are no mixture adjustment
features. During the rebuild, I noticed that instead of the blank plug on the
bottom of the carbs, it is a large screw-in plug with a slot in it that looks
like it is sized for a quarter or nickle that allows this plug to thread in and
out.
  My question for the list is: Does this threaded plug serve the same function
as the normal needle mixture adjustment or is it simply a threaded plug? If it
is the mixture adjustment, where do I set it initially and which direction
leans or richens the mix? Screwing them in or out doesn't appear to move the
needle seat at all. Before I rebuilt them, the carbs were running quite rich so
I hope these plugs will allow me to adjust it properly.
  Any thoughts, ideas, advice etc are greatly appreciated.
  Ron W.
  71TR6

photos & more.