Re: [6pack] Roll bar theory - How do you mount it??

To: Joseph Grant <grant@bowtie6.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Roll bar theory - How do you mount it??
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:12:24 -0400
Joe;

Seems to me, that "given a roll bar," is a statement which makes it
sound like a roll bar is a roll bar.... that's obviously not the case,
as lots of folks on this list can tell you. The "entry level" Autopower
rollbar that was the subject that started this thread is a lightweight
mechanical tubed creation, designed to turn heads, not protect drivers.
Then, there are serious, welded structural tubing creations with
heavy-wall design that actually offer decent protection. These would, as
you said, require some cutting and welding to make certain their rugged
construction was met with a rugged, to-the-frame installation. It's a
good case of getting what you pay for...

Dave Friedlander
'74-Six