RE: [6pack] Roll bar theory - How do you mount it??

To: <emanteno@comcast.net>, "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>,
Subject: RE: [6pack] Roll bar theory - How do you mount it??
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:32:26 -0700
        Irv:

        I am ignorant on the topic of roll bars, preferring to drive "au
naturale" (conjures up a pretty disgusting visual, eh?).
        Why would a weak roll bar make the car more dangerous? The
windshield frame would crumple like an aluminum beer can during a roll
over, leaving the driver a good 12 inches shorter than before. So it
seems that even a "cosmetic" roll bar would help. Instead of 12 inches
shorter, the driver would be only 6 inches shorter (add that to the au
naturale, and it *really* gets disgusting).
        EMT: Did you see that TR6 rollover?
        Ambulance driver: The one with the naked guy who was missing his
head?
        EMT: Yeah, that one. We found his head in the underbrush near
the car. He died with a smile on his face - at least he died happy.
        Ambulance driver: If only he had a REAL roll bar. He would still
be alive. Naked, but alive.

        Vance