[6pack] Roll bar theory - How do you mount it??

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Roll bar theory - How do you mount it??
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:33:14 -0400
I've caught the tail end of this thread...  So, forgive me if I ask the
obvious question:

What is the proper way to mount the roll bar?  I have seen several designs.
I've seen some that bolt directly to the floor behind the seats.  Then, the
down tubes bolt via an inverted "L" shaped pad to the fold in the rear deck
right behind the seats.  Others bolt to the rear deck flat area.

OK.  So, something happens and the TR6 gets rolled.  What is going to
happen?  The floor on the six is rather thin sheet metal.  Would it make
more sense to bolt it directly to the frame?  I would think so, but then you
would have to do some major cutting.

What I am asking is then, given a roll bar, what is the best way to properly
mount it on the TR6 so it becomes something functional as opposed to
something that only looks good.

Thanks!

Joe
72 TR6 - CC77169